- 2005/10/01 - MetaTheme 0.0.6 released
- This version fixes some bugs in MSSTYLE loader, also styled some widgets. More...
- 2005/09/01 - MetaTheme 0.0.5 released
- This version introduces MSSTYLE loader, one new theme and various bug fixes and enhancements. More...
- 2005/03/12 - Website update
- Added a quick feedback form.
- 2004/12/31 - MetaTheme 0.0.4 released
- This version introduces Java/SWING support and three new themes. More...
- 2004/08/23 - MetaTheme 0.0.3 released
- This version introduces MetaTheme configuration tool with ability for on-the-fly switching of themes and various bug fixes. More...
- 2004/08/23 - New website
- Created a new website.
- 2004/07/01 - MetaTheme 0.0.2 released
- This version introduces a new build system, various bug fixes and enhancements. More...
- 2004/06/01 - MetaTheme 0.0.1 released
- Initial release.
MetaTheme is a project dedicated to unification of appearance between different graphics toolkits (currently GTK2, QT and Java).
The program is designed as a thin layer between toolkits and theme engines, creating unified API by which each theme engine can draw. The result is that every application uses the same code for drawing, making the appearance same across different applications. MetaTheme also adjusts behaviour a bit, so the overall effect of unification is impressive.
- supported toolkits:
- theme engines:
- Redmond 2000
- Plastik XP
- MSSTYLE Loader
- easy installation
- GLib 2.0 or later
For GTK2 support and configuration tools:
- GTK2 2.2 or later
For QT/KDE support:
- QT 3.3
- KDE 3.2 or later
For Java/SWING support:
- JDK 1.5